There are four storage databases forming within the framework:
- If we take a look at the dMail and dChat as an example, blockchain is used to store:
- A link to the dMail JSON metadata, timestamp, checksum & sender address,
- dChat encrypted message, timestamp & sender address.
- The concept of decentralized storage is used for the temporary or permanent storage of encrypted communication and data files and JSON files (i.e. dMail, subject & content attachment location).
- Integrators can also opt for more centralised storage such as cloud storage.
- User local storage is used for storing:
- wallet private keys,
- dMail & dChat content hash, and
- user-initiated backup of conversations, data files and reports.